Accounts Receivable Clerk
Reports to: Finance Controller
Who We Are:
We are expanding our finance department!
We are a locally owned and operated company in Kenora, Ontario on the northern shores of Lake of the Woods. We brew craft beer and craft coffee! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to sustainable practices, business growth and development, and building external and internal alliances to support local, fresh, and handcrafted goods and services. We are young and we are growing! Broken Paddle Coffee Roastery & Kitchen and the Brewers Inn is located in Keewatin, with a coffee house, dining service, summer, outdoor patio, and boutique Inn. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is in a repurposed, historic fire hall in downtown Kenora with a Taproom & Eatery, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – all under one roof.
Do you have a strong accounting background? Are you solutions focused and analytical by nature? Do your strengths include accuracy and attention to detail? If you answered “Yes”, then keep on reading as we may have the perfect position for you!
What This Job Entails:
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is a full time position. You are a key member of the associate team at Lake of the Woods Brewing Company and as such the ideal candidate is eager to grow with the company, making an investment both personally and professionally. The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. Accounts receivables duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency in operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts and other accounting related duties is also necessary:
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying , classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables data
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivables ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients billing issues
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Anything else the Finance Controller may ask of you
Accounts Receivable Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience with accounts receivable
- Minimum college diploma in accounting, business administration or experience
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practises and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills
- Hands on experience with excel, sage, QuickBooks and outlook
Successful Candidate May Expect:
- Start date as soon as possible
- Starting salary is commensurate with experience
- Able to be eligible for benefits and matching RSP contribution plan after 3 month probation completed
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are passionate about working for a cutting edge business, in a growth sector – please fill out the online form on our website at or send a covering letter with salary expectation and resume by emailing [email protected] No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in Lake of the Woods Brewing Company but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.