Ready to embrace your new adventure?
Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is a regional craft brewer with points of presence in northern Ontario, Minnesota and most recently in Manitoba.
SEASONAL STUDENT – TAPROOM & RETAIL BREW CREW
We have built a unique microbrewery and tasting room in downtown Winnipeg, located in Hargrave St Market in True North Square. Lake of the Woods is seeking students who are hardworking, skilled, enthusiastic and motivated craft beer lover’s to join our energetic team. The Taproom & Retail Brew Crew position is multi-faceted and a key role in our young and dynamic company.
This role is a part time position that could lead to full time hours and reports to the Taproom and Retail Manager. The primary focus of this position is working in the taproom and retail store, and also completing curb-side pick up orders. This position is fast-paced, extremely engaging, and very social in nature. The seasonal aspect of this position would allow for students to return to school in September. The location could not be more unique, being in the heart of downtown Winnipeg in the newly constructed True North Square complex. The successful candidate must be outgoing in order to create and maintain memorable and exciting experiences for Lake of the Woods supporters; must also possess organizational skills and a strong ability to communicate with others.
If you are an energetic, self-starter Student who is enthusiastic about craft beer this job is for you!
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Must love craft beer! With the knowledge and passion to discuss our beers with guests
- Welcomes customers by greeting them; offering them assistance
- Ability to work flexible hours and most importantly on weekends. With a willingness to open/close the Taproom and retail store when required
- Re-stocks beer fridges and clothing throughout shift
- Fills out paper works for keg rentals and returns
- Re-fill growler’s and crowler for customers and keep station, taproom, and retail store clean and sanitized
- Follow all sanitization cleaning protocols as instructed by Manager
- Ability to create and add to a friendly and fun atmosphere in the taproom and retail store
- Working knowledge on how to operate and control POS systems
- Ability to resolve guests concerns or questions using good judgement
- Ability to communicate clearly and positively to our team members and our guests
- Ability to execute daily beer samples, opening/closing duties, weekly duties, selling beer by smart choice guidelines, store is stocked and being a team playe
What you will bring to this role?
- Minimum 2-3 years in a retail/customer service role
- Previous experience serving or selling craft beer would be considered an asset
- Previous serving or bar tending experience would be considered an asset
- Evening and weekend availability required
- Must be 18 years or older and Smart Choice Certified
- High energy and positive personality
- Strong work ethic and ability to exceed in an extremely fast past environment
- Ability to self-motivate, maintain sense of urgency, and keep momentum
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships.
- Strong communications skills, team player attitude, and task oriented
Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is all about fresh, local handcrafted beer. Our company is growing, young and dynamic. Excellence in everything we do – the beer, the guest experience, quality of product are all top of mind. Qualified applicants must be enrolled in University or College. If you feel you are the right match for this position please send a cover letter and C.V. to [email protected] – and put in the subject the position you are applying for. PLEASE NOTE: only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted by Lake of the Woods Brewing Company.
THE FINE PRINT: Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Lake of the Woods Brewing Company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications; without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, medical history, or any other status protected by the laws. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company encourages applicants of all legal working age.