Who We Are:
We are a locally owned and operated company in Kenora, Ontario on the northern shores of Lake of the Woods. We brew craft beer! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to sustainable practices, business growth and development, and building external and internal alliances to support local, fresh, and handcrafted goods and services. We are young and we are growing! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is in a repurposed, historic fire hall in downtown Kenora with a Taproom & Eatery, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – all under one roof.
If you are energetic, a self-starter, a people person, enthusiastic about craft beer and craft coffee, and love small towns, we invite you to join our team!
What This Job Entails:
The Server and Bartender position is a part time permanent job that could lead to full time hours. Flexible hours and weekend availability needed. Starting wage $12.45 per hour plus tips.
Server and Bartender reports to the Taproom Manager. Duties listed below are the minimum requirements, other tasks maybe asked of you. Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the Taproom Manager or Manager on Duty.
- Provide detailed information of menu items
- Suggest daily specials and give beer knowledge
- Serve welcome drinks and take orders
- Repeat orders to ensure accuracy
- Relay orders to the kitchen and ensure that all orders are delivered on time
- Ensure the accuracy and quantity of every order
- Serve food as it arrives and refill glasses
- Offer desserts and drinks to patrons
- Clean tables and dining areas including counters
- Deliver food items to tables in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure that food presentation is up to the mark
- Maintain appropriate stock levels
- Provide customers with checks and take payments
- Attempt to up-sell food and beverage items
- Thank customers as they leave
- Clear tables and clean table top
Successful Candidate May Expect:
- Smart Serve Certified
- Start date asap
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are passionate about working for a cutting edge business, in a growth sector –send a covering letter and resume by emailing [email protected] no phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in Lake of the Woods Brewing Company but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Lake of the Woods Brewing Company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, medical history, or any other status protected by the laws. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company encourages applicants of all legal working ages.