Who We Are:
We are a locally owned and operated company in Kenora, Ontario on the northern shores of Lake of the Woods. We brew craft beer! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to sustainable practices, business growth and development, and building external and internal alliances to support local, fresh, and handcrafted goods and services. We are young and we are growing! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is in a repurposed, historic fire hall in downtown Kenora with a Taproom & Eatery, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – all under one roof.
If you are energetic, a self-starter, a people person, enthusiastic about craft beer and craft coffee, and love small towns, we invite you to join our team!
What This Job Entails:
The Expo position is a part time seasonal job that could lead to full time hours. Flexible day time hours and weekend availability needed. Starting wage $18.00 per hour plus house tips commensurate on experience.
Expo reports to the Food and Beverage Manager. Duties listed below are the minimum requirements, other tasks maybe asked of you. Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
- Food expediters communicate orders and information between the front of house and back of house
- Making sure that food is cooked in the right order, quickly, and presented to the customer as beautifully as possible
- Make sure the orders are being cooked in a timely fashion, so that all orders for a table are ready at the same time and make sure that once the food is cooked servers run food to the table while it’s warm and ready
- Explain special orders to the cooks, and tell servers when the kitchen is out of a particular menu item.
- Expediters are also in charge of the final presentation of the plate, making sure it is dressed and garnished correctly and free from smudges or spills.
- Responsible for basic garnish prep and stock
Successful Candidate May Expect:
- Must have 1-2 years previous expo experience in a high volume restaurant
- Start date May 1st 2019 and End date September 2nd 2019 (employment can be extended for the right candidate)
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are passionate about working for a cutting edge business, in a growth sector –send a covering letter and resume by emailing [email protected] no phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in Lake of the Woods Brewing Company but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Lake of the Woods Brewing Company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, medical history, or any other status protected by the laws. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company encourages applicants of all legal working ages.