Who We Are:
We are a locally owned and operated company in Kenora, Ontario on the northern shores of Lake of the Woods. We brew craft beer and craft coffee! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to sustainable practices, business growth and development, and building external and internal alliances to support local, fresh, and handcrafted goods and services. We are young and we are growing! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is in a repurposed, historic fire hall in downtown Kenora with a Taproom & Eatery, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – all under one roof.
If you are energetic, a self-starter, a people person, enthusiastic about craft beer and craft coffee, and love small towns, we invite you to join our team!
What This Job Entails:
The Inventory Controller is a full time permanent position that maintains and updates finished products in inventory on order in coordination with production. The incumbent tracks movement of finished product from brewery to distribution points and warehouses. Monitors reorder points and initiates action to replenish stock in coordination with sales. Reconciles discrepancies in inventories and notifies supervisor of irregularities. Total scope of duties may change as the position evolves in a growing company. Detailed list of responsibilities below is considered a current scope and one in which the successful candidate will assume over a (reasonably brief) period of time. Wage per hour will be commensurate on qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will be eligible for health and dental benefits, RRSP program enrolment, and other employee perks after 3 month probationary period.
Inventory Controller Responsibilities:
Reports to: Logistics Manager
- Must gain a solid working knowledge of the inventory control function in brewery software package EKOS
- On a daily basis, monitors inventory levels at brewing sites, at warehouse centers, at distribution points, in transit shipments, and updates EKOS
- In consultation with brewery staff and LOWBrewCo Sales Manager, initiates product movement to ensure out of stock situations do not occur at distribution points
- Initiates product movement in reaction to requests from LOWBrewCo management including sales, marketing and event management team. Includes retail products, and ingredients for Brewery.
- Works with brewery and warehouse staff to track inventory of cans, cartons, and any other supplies required in the conduct of packaging finished product
- Initiates purchase orders as required
- Records purchases, maintains database, performs physical count of inventory, and reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports
- Receives delivered goods; ensures they are properly warehoused
- Processes and documents returns as required following established procedures
- Produces end of month inventory report, collects inventory reports from other departments in preparation for Financial Controller
- Maintains relationship with carriers and ensures reliable and cost effective shipping methods
- Works with sales to maintain relationship with distribution warehouses, and maintain PAR Levels at TBS Warehouses
- Prepares and submits damage claims to shipment agent
- Assist and provides approval, for Accounts Payable on shipment and brewery related invoices
- Undertakes other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience using EKOS or SAP would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to reconcile stock counts to report data
- Ability to work independent with little supervision
- Database management skills
- Ability to analyze, solve problems and adapt quickly to change
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods
- Must be familiar with Word, Excel and Outlook, possess basic computer/office skills
- Knowledge of invoicing procedures
Successful Candidate May Expect:
- Start date as soon as possible
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are passionate about working for a cutting edge business, in a growth sector –send a covering letter and resume by emailing, no phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in Lake of the Woods Brewing Company but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.