Who We Are:
We are a locally owned and operated company in Kenora, Ontario on the northern shores of Lake of the Woods. We brew craft beer and craft coffee! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to sustainable practices, business growth and development, and building external and internal alliances to support local, fresh, and handcrafted goods and services. We are young and we are growing! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is in a repurposed, historic fire hall in downtown Kenora with a Taproom & Eatery, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – all under one roof.
If you are energetic, a self-starter, a people person, enthusiastic about craft beer, and love small towns, we invite you to join our team!
Job Description: We are looking for a collaborative creative professional with a dedication to excellence and a passion for marketing. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity, funded by the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation, for a recent design or marketing graduate as an introduction to the many aspects of graphic design, branding & marketing from conception through production. This person should be detail oriented, proactive, and able to handle multitasking multiple projects, and event coordination. This position is located in Kenora, Ontario.
- Help run social media channels
- Gathering and compiling content as required
- Prepare communications materials such as newsletters, and other communication tools
- Administrative and onsite assistance with marketing events
- Work with the Marketing team to create and implement campaigns
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in the organizing of promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns and attend them to facilitate their success
- Help distribute marketing materials
- Represent Lake of the Woods Brewing Company professionally as a brand ambassador (on and off-premise)
- Assist the Events Team as needed;
- Promote upcoming events and/or upcoming Taproom specials
- Work occasional evenings and weekends; assist with set-up and takedown of events.
- Engage with customers; Pour beers, hand out promotional materials, discuss characteristics of beer and history of LowBrewCo
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications: University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
- Ability to accomplish assigned projects with little supervision
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, good communication and time management skills
- Ability to occasionally lift 25-50lbs
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Smart Serve Certificate required or the ability to obtain one upon being hired
- Reliable transportation an asset
- Experience with applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign an asset
Application Deadline: July 10th, 2020
Please email applications to: [email protected]