Who We Are:
We are a locally owned and operated company in Kenora, Ontario on the northern shores of Lake of the Woods. We brew craft beer! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to sustainable practices, business growth and development, and building external and internal alliances to support local, fresh, and handcrafted goods and services. We are young and we are growing! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is in a repurposed, historic fire hall in downtown Kenora with a Taproom & Eatery, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – all under one roof.
If you are energetic, a self-starter, a people person, enthusiastic about craft beer and craft coffee, and love small towns, we invite you to join our team!
What This Job Entails:
The Dish Washer is a part time seasonal job that could lead to full time hours. Flexible hours and weekend availability needed. Starting wage $13.15 per hour- $14.00 per hour plus back of house tip pool.
Dish washer reports to Food and Beverage Manager. Duties listed below are the minimum requirements, other tasks maybe asked of you. Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
- Load, run, unload, and clean dish machine
- Keep the dish machine clean and report any functional or mechanical problems immediately
- Monitor dish machine chemicals and water temperature
- Wash and store tableware and kitchenware
- Keep dish area organized
- Bag and haul dish room trash, and cardboard to dumpster at designated times
- Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss
- Maintain adequate levels of detergents and cleaning supplies
- Clean food prep and production areas as needed by Executive Chef
- General cleaning of kitchen and surrounding areas as needed
- Light prep, and organization as needed
Successful Candidate May Expect:
- Start date May 1st, 2019 and End date September 3rd, 2019 (employment can be extended for the right candidate)
- Opportunity for the position to start sooner and be extended for the right candidate
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are passionate about working for a cutting edge business, in a growth sector –send a covering letter and resume by emailing [email protected] no phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in Lake of the Woods Brewing Company but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Lake of the Woods Brewing Company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, medical history, or any other status protected by the laws. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company encourages applicants of all legal working ages.