Who We Are:
We are a locally owned and operated company with United States Operations based out of Warroad, MN and Canadian Operations based out of Kenora, Ontario. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to sustainable practices, business growth and development, and building external and internal alliances to support local, fresh, and handcrafted goods and services. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company US is headquartered in a re purposed fire hall in downtown Warroad with a Taproom, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – all under one roof.
If you are energetic, a self-starter, a people person, enthusiastic about craft beer, and love small towns, we invite you to join our team!
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The Bartender and/or Server position is a part time and/or seasonal position. Flexible hours and weekend availability is required. Duties listed below are the minimum requirements, other tasks and responsibilities may be asked of you. Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the taproom as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Represent Lake of the Woods Brewing Company in a professional manner as a brand ambassador
- Provide amazing customer service to all guests — Example: Greet, serve, and send off guests in a positive and friendly way. Treat everyone as if they are a “regular”
- Interact with guests to develop and maintain a favorable public image. Provide detailed information and educate our guests about Lake of the Woods Brewing Company, our brews, merchandise, and other awesome products.
- Educate guests on how to properly sample beer
- Promote offers and/or specials
- Promote Lake of the Woods Brewing Company events
- Complete all paperwork and/or reports as needed for day-to-day operations
- Maintain comfort and cleanliness throughout the Brewery and Taproom including but not limited to bathrooms, shelving, coolers, sinks, counters, tables, etc.
- Report all equipment issues to your supervisor immediately
- Attend staff meetings, events, and other functions as required
- Promote good public relations and handle guest complaints and/or concerns to the best of your knowledge
- Report any issues with draft system immediately to your supervisor
- Assist with inventory procedures as need be
- Collect guest payments. Follow proper cash handling procedures
- Follow alcohol awareness procedures to prevent over serving
- Assist with event set up and clean up as needed
- Maintain appropriate stock levels
- Ability to stand and speak for an extended period of time
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 – 50 lbs
Successful Candidate May Expect:
- Start date TBD based on construction finalization
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are passionate about working for a cutting edge business, in a growth sector – send a cover letter and resume by emailing [email protected], no phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in Lake of the Woods Brewing Company but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free or discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Lake of the Woods Brewing Company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, medical history, or any other status protected by the laws. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company encourages applicants of all legal working ages.
Job Type: Part-time and/or Seasonal